Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summer, Sweet Intoxicating Freedom of Summer

I am probably more excited for summer vacation than my kids are. I was blind sided in my thinking after my class was done things would slow down and I'd be able to relax a bit. Nope. It's a good thing my class ended when it did or I would have gone crazy with every thing the kids need for the end of their school year. The camping trips, the graduations, the parties. I don't think I would have been able to keep up with everyone.

But after tomorrow it will all be over, at least for three months. Now can I relax? Probably not. Big D is afraid I am so excited for summer, but then when it actually gets here, I will be praying for school to start again. He could very well be right, I am going to have my Niece, Lynn, and Nephew, Brook Jr., a lot this summer. That makes six kids all day long in my tiny house. I won't have any where to escape too.

Be that as it may, I am still excited for sleeping in, stooping (sitting on the front porch watching people go by), water fights, oh and boating, lots and lots of boating.

I think the Lord is try to teach me patients with having six kids around all day every day. He is also helping me with gratitude, I am extremely grateful I only have to raise four kids, not that I wouldn't love to have been blessed to raise all five of my kids.

This summer is going to be a time for fun, freedom, and growth for all of us. I just pray we all survive, because it is going to be just that fun.

No comments: