Monday, May 5, 2008

Tough Times

Times are getting tough for everyone. Food is getting more expensive, gas is forcing people to find other forms of transportation (or down size their cars), and Utility bills keep going up. I would make sweet profit off my home if I sold it. However, I would have to buy a house that is smaller than this one to be able to afford it. On top of every thing going up in price, it seems like every thing we own is breaking down. Big D's breaks needed to be replaced, I just got a phone call from the mechanic on my van and he says it's going to be about $900 to fix it, our toilet won't shut off unless you giggle the handle. I could go on but I am sure I am already boring you.

Times like these I have to focus on all our blessings; we have a beautiful home, all six of us are healthy, we have an extremely tight extended family. When I feel like succumbing to my whoa's I need to focus on what keeps me afloat, the things that are important to me and my family. If we don't get to take any trips this summer, so be it. If we don't get to go out to eat, so be it (that would actually help me pass off goal # 46). If we have to start huffing it on our bikes, it will get us in shape so, so be it. Life is rough for a lot of people right now, some who have it worse than I do. If we loose our home and have to move back in with my in-laws, at least we will still be together as a family. (I put that in there for my in-laws benefit,Ha Ha. They would probably move and not give us their new address if we asked to move back in :)

I am going to square my shoulders, thank the Lord for the blessings he's seen fit to bestow upon us, and enjoy my kids. Pretty soon they are going to be moving out and trying to make their way through this world. I need to help them have the best childhood no money can buy.

No comments: