Monday, May 12, 2008

Goal # 21 Get at least a 'B' in English

I finally got my grade in English. I got a 'B+'. I know I should be exstatic, I reached my goal. So why am I crying? I am crying because I am only a point away from an 'A'. I used to laugh at people when they cried over a 'B', but now I understand how they feel. It feel like coming in second in a big race when you know how close you were to coming in first. All second place is is first looser and that is exactly how I feel right now, a looser. Boo Hoo Hoo. I am ashamed to admit my grade to everyone. I feel like I should have done better, I wanted to do better. I guess all there is left to do is work harder next semester, and set my goal at an 'A' this time. I cut myself off at the knees with this goal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A new development has taken place, I email my professor and told him how disappointed I was in my grade. I told him since I was unable to give him a year end evaluation that I would give it to him now. I confessed that I really liked his class and that I was glad his class was my come back class after my more than ten year hiatas.

I don't know what I thought my email would produce other than a "sorry about your bad luck" reply. However, he said he relooked at my grade and I was only .2% away from an 'A' so he gave everyone in the class a .2% boost in their grade. So I guess this is highly appropriate: I gotta 'A' I gotta 'A' I gotta 'A' Hey Hey Hey! I have a perma grin on my face and I've been dancing around the house. It's a good day.

No comments: