Monday, June 2, 2008

How I saw the Lord's Hand in May

5/31/08- Riding on the back of Big D's motorcycle I was able to relax and enjoy the ride, instead of worrying about wrecking.

5/30/08- The last day of school for the girls, we all survived another school year, and now we are all done.

5/28/08- There was a break in the rain so I ran out and mowed my jungle. The instant I finished and put the lawn mower in the garage, it started raining again.

5/27/08- I only lost two, out of twenty-seven, plants in the sudden hail storm.

5/26/08- Bear went the whole day without any accidents in his pants.

5/25/08- My mother-in-law and I had a nice chat over dishes. It is nice getting to know her more even after all these years.

5/24/08- There was a break in our week long rain, we worked really hard and finally got our garden planted, and instantly started raining again. I even got to plant some raspberries and strawberries this year, Yeah!

5/23/08- Everyone had a great time on our "staycation", camping out in the back yard.

5/21/08- Well yesterday it was going to cost $165 to fix the van and today it's going to cost around $1300. One would be pissed and rant and rave at the unfairness. Well, I'm not going to lie to you that is exactly my attitude. However, I do feel blessed that we were able to pay off our van BEFORE it started breaking down. There would be no way we could even think about affording it if we had to pay a car payment and fix-it payment as well. I am trying to see the silver lining right now.

5/20/08- The van is going to cost $165 to fix, we can use our yard sale money for it.

5/19/08- Beaner and I have been connecting better. She is starting to joke around more and be less sensitive.

5/18/08- Blessed with awesome in-laws that I love more every day.

5/17/08- We made a little extra money at our yard sale, just in time to fix the van, again.

5/16/08- Big D got an official offer for the promotion at work.

5/15/08- Beaner had a good time on her camp out and she returned home safe and sound.

5/14/08- Big D making through the entire days obligation after waking at 3am. He is either a superhero or a masochist.

5/12/08- After being devastated by my grade, I curled up in my bed and cried. Then it came to me that I should email my professor, and it worked he changed my grade.

5/11/08- My Nursery partner's mother passed away. I was in Nursery all by myself with twelve kids and Big D came in to save me from loosing my mind.

5/10/08- Big D and I get to spend the whole day together without the kids. It's nice that after 12 years of marriage we still enjoy each others company so much.

5/9/08- I made it through my 10 Virgins performance all ten times. My lines would instantly pop into my head the second I needed them. It was great!

5/8/08- Ann's car made it safely here and back home. If you've seen her car you'd understand what a blessing that is. I am amazed every day that it does not die.

5/5/08- We took the car in to the mechanic. He said he is surprised our car lasted so long in the condition it is in. He asked if we'd been having problems for awhile and I said we'd only been noticing problems the last week. I know it was the Lord who kept the car going for as long as it did. He knew we weren't in any position to be able to fix it.

5/2/08- My older brother, whom recently went through a divorce, feels more and more comfortable hanging out with me and my family.

5/1/08- Hearing Sweeton's song on the radio makes me feel like it is his way of saying, "I love you and I miss you, mom!"

No comments: