Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Rain, Rain, Don't Go Away

We have had a week of rain. Thank goodness it stopped for a bit on Saturday so we could get our garden planted, but as soon as we got the seeds in the ground the rain started again.

I love the rain. I love the way it cleans the air and makes it so fresh. I love the way it saves me money by not having to water my lawn, and now garden. I love driving through the huge puddles that take up the entire street and listen to my kids as they scream, "Do it again." I love the way it helps Big D's allergies subside for a bit so he can function. I love that it is going to make for an awesome summer of boating.

Rain is my friend in so many ways, except when you want to sleep outside. Bug had a camp out last night. Her teacher kept telling us to be prepared for the camp out to be cancelled if the weather didn't cooperate. They made it through the entire night, but not well rested. Bug said she got really cold during the night and realize she couldn't find her sleeping bag. She grabbed a sleeping bag thinking it was hers but discovered it felt different and realized she stole the little girls sleep bag next to her. So she gave it back and kept searching for her own, in the dark. The next morning she found it right next to her. Needless to say she is down stairs, right now, tucked into her warm cozy bed sleeping.

The camping crew actually lucked out of yesterdays spontaneous hail storm that blind sided half the city. However, this morning as they were breaking down camp their own storm started. Luckily they still had a canopy set up so they could huddle together and eat their breakfast.

Bug was so excited to go on her camp out, but she was even more excited to come home. I hope this experience doesn't rain out her adventurous streak. I don't think it will, after a nap and a hot shower she will be as good as new. And even though the rain isn't fun to camp in, unless you have a camper trailer, I still love the rain. Now after we go on our Bear Lake camping trip, in a tent this year because we can't afford the gas for the motor home, and I get rained on, I might have a small change of heart. But until then I am loving the rain.

No comments: