Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day


Mom, I am writing to you on this very special day
To tell you how I feel in my own loving way.

As my mind thinks back and reflects on the past
I am reminded of the times you helped me skip class.

If I arrived home with a guilty look on my face
Twenty questions was the game that always took place.

You some how knew when something wasn't right
You wouldn't let up even when I put up a fight.

You took the time to know who I was
To listen to my cares or listen just because.

I wasn't always attentive when you tried to teach me
The cooking and the sewing to make my life easy.

You tried to bend my ear about the birds and the bees
But all I would say was, "Mother, Please!"

You helped me prepare to be a mother myself
And now your legacy is shown in pictures on a shelf.

Thank you for your time, your energy, and your love
You make me a better person and I think the Lord above.

My Mother's Day poem to my mother written by me and Big D

No comments: