Thursday, May 15, 2008

100 Things that Make Me Happy 26-50

50. A Healthy Free lunch on one of those days when you spend the whole day in the car, but you don't want to feed your kids fast food. It was the hospital handing out free lunches to motorists along Main St. 5/14/08
49. My Scriptures, I love to read and learn new things. The scriptures are an ever evolving entity in which I get something new every time I read them. 5/13/08
48. Good Grades, nothing beats when you've worked hard and you get recognized for it, even if you have to do a little brown nosing. After declaring myself a non-brown noser, I have learned that it really does pay off when you make other people feel good about themselves. 5/12/08
47. Weekends alone with Big D. The kids went out to my dad's and I didn't have to compete for my hubbies attention. It was the perfect Mother's Day gift. 5/11/08
46.Mother's Day, I love to think back on how my mother has influenced me in my life. There are so many sacrifices she made for me and my five brothers and sisters. I am so grateful for the wonderful example she set for me as a mother. 5/10/08
45. Trees stretching their leaves as they wake from a long rest. 5/9/08
44. Visits from my sisters, my sister, Ann, came to visit this weekend. I wish she brought Marie with her, I miss her too. I will take what I can get right now and enjoy Ann for the few days I get her. 5/5/08
43. Training Treats, it is so much fun to teach Kinnzi new tricks. She learns so fast it isn't frustrating. 5/3/08
42. Crock Pot, I love the whole thirty minutes of work, the house full of wonderful smells, and the grand finale of dinner ready to eat when everyone starts complaining of hunger pains. 5/2/08
41. Snow when you least expect it. We woke up to five inches of snow today. What a wonderful surprise. 5/1/08
40. My mini van, I said I would never drive a mini van, them my in-laws gave us there old one. When that one was on it's last leg Big D bought me a new one. Now we are having trouble with that one and it makes me realize how good I really have it. I miss my van! 4/30/08
39. 50cc motorcycle, I am not intimidated by one of those. Big D bought me a little 100 a couple years ago, but I got too nervous and wouldn't ride it. Now he bought the kids a 50 and I love riding that. Maybe next I can work my way up and get an 80. Of course the first time I wreck on the 50 it's probably going to get kicked off the 'Happy' list. 4/28/08
38. Woobies, my kids have all had a woobie (security blanket). Some are more attached to them more than others, but all the woobies seem to calm the kids down when it's time for a nap, Thank Goodness. 4/27/08
37. Watching trees bud, then stretch from it's long winter's slumber. 4/26/08
36. Pictures, I had a wonderful time looking through old pictures with the kids and reliving old memories. 4/25/08
35. Day Planner, if I didn't have one I don't think I would ever make it to any thing, forget about being on time for an event. 4/23/08
34. Dog bones that freshen breath. Holly Cow my dog has some halitosis going on. I am so glad they have dog freshening dog bones. 4/22/08
33. The warm sun streaming through my windows on nippy day. 4/21/08
32. Ponytail Holder, I love being able to pull my hair out of my face and get down to work. 4/20/08
31. Carpet Cleaner, for when Kinnzi isn't feeling well. 4/19/08
30. Remote parks surrounded by hills, we found this quiet little park nestled at the base of a hill. Not many people go there so I can relax and read a book and not have to worry about my kids running off or getting taken. It's almost like my own private park. 4/18/08
29. Brownie Points, Big D and I are trying out a new method of bribery with our kids. They earn brownie points and then they can buy toys with them. So far it is working like a dream. 4/17/08
28. Play lands in the middle of malls; We hold play group there every Wednesday and the boys love hanging out with their friends. 4/16/08
27. Heater blankets, I am not one for being cold. I know that sounds a bit strange coming from a woman whose husband is obsessed with snowmobiling. However, there is nothing better than jumping between nice warm sheets and drifting off into oblivion. 4/10/08
26. A Good Editor, just starting off in the writing world, I know I have a lot to learn. I am so grateful that I have people who are willing to read my work and give constructive feed back. Hopefully it is making me a better writer. 4/9/08

No comments: