Thursday, May 29, 2008

Goals #18 (pen pal) & #36 (potty train Bear)

I think I can safely say I accomplished these two goals. I have been writing everyday, via email, to my girl friend C, for at least a month. I think it has helped us renew our friendship, not that we ever fell out of touch. We talked by phone every couple months but we didn't really stay up to date on each others lives. Now we email every day a quick 'Wassup' and 'How ya doing?'. It is nice to have someone share my many frustrations with that is not directly affected by them.
It's one thing to whine to Big D about my complaints, however, most of my complaints are his complaints as well, so it really doesn't satisfy my need to vent and constructive receive advice. I get that relief when I vent to C, that and she's not afraid to tell my I'm and idiot sometimes.

With goal #36 Potty Train Bear, I think I have had success in that department. He is doing great with keeping his training pants dry and poop free. We still have to occasional dampness in the mornings, but we will rectify that.

I don't know what finally clicked for him because we used bribery with new toys, threats of taking away toys, promises of no more naps. We didn't start seeing good results until we told him he wouldn't be able to go out to Grandma and Papa's Ranch for the weekend until he learned to use the potty. It helps too that the rest of the kids are going out this weekend, it gave him a foreseeable deadline. As soon as we said that he jumped right on it and quit throwing temper tantrums whenever the word "toilet" came up in a conversation. He started coming to us and informing us that he needed to use the restroom.

I am one proud mama right now, partly because this means I don't have to buy diapers, nor change diapers any more. You can't see it right now, but I am doing a happy dance.

1 comment:

Camie Marie said...

I would just like to note that I have never called you an idiot. I may have eluded to the term, but never proclaimed it. :-) LOL!