Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Boys and Their Toys


I love my husband, but I don't think he has the capability to grow up. I knew this when I married him, it is one of his endearing qualities that everyone loves about him, including me.

He was, by no means, a deprived child growing up. He was the youngest of three, and his closest sibling is about eight years older than him, he was a bit of a surprise. His sister used to cart him around like she was a new doll her parents got just for her. He was pretty much raised as an only child for many years.

Apparently all the motorcycles his dad bought for him didn't fulfil his need for toys and he secretly pined over one of those big wheel cars that you can sit in and drive. I say this because every time he sees one, he feels the need to purchase it. I think we have had three so far.

I think I would have a harder time with it if they were all brand new, but they're not. He finds "good deals" at the D.I. or yard sales. He bought a Barbie Jeep for my girls when they were about two and four. They never wanted to drive it because Big D supped it up to go about fifteen miles per hour. They were terrified of it and I can't blame them I was as well. Big D put a car battery in it and made it so he could get in and drive it too. When he'd pop it from reverse to drive he could pull off a wheelie.

Saturday, after the yard sale I sent him to take some stuff to the D.I. for donation and he came home with another Jeep. I don't know how many more will fit in our back yard? Although, the boys absolutely love it, and now they can race. It's funny that Bear, my three year old, is a better driver than Beaner, my seven year old. Beaner got herself stuck under the tramp and she relinquish the controls so Bear could get her unstuck.

What a wonderful world it is when you can witness the innocent smile on a happy child. Today is a good day :)

No comments: