Thursday, May 15, 2008

Goal #16 Don't Complain About My Calling



My calling is Nursery Leader, and it is the fourth time I've been given this calling. The first two times weren't too bad, Big D was in the nursery with me, either by calling himself or just by shear love and devotion to me. We also didn't have any kids the first two times. The third time I only had Bug so I enjoyed going in and playing with her. Well, now I have four little munchkins and I spend all week with them. Sunday is my only day to have adult conversation and to fill my spiritual well, if you will. That has been my biggest complaint but after realizing all the other callings that would be much worse than Nursery Leader I decided to be grateful for what I've been given. Plus this is my first calling since Sweeton passed away and I believe the Lord does not want to overwhelm me with too much too fast, for that I am also grateful.

After telling myself I wasn't going to complain about my calling I started seeing all the positives. I get to play with Bear and watch how he interacts with other kids. He does very well, you can definitely tell the kids who are only children. Bear is polite and does not hit or snatch. He does, however, eat his snack so quick I fear he may choke. I think that is also a sign that he is not an only child, he has to defend his food from the others.

I have loved getting to know the other kids that are between the ages of eighteen months and three years. We have some really neat little munchkins in our ward. I also love the fact that my calling is to come and play all day at church. Yeah I don't get the spiritual fulfilment that I so desperately crave, but I have discovered that I get even more fulfilment when I have personal scripture study.

What a fabulous treat it is to watch my last baby grow and spread his wings. Yes it is sad when I stop to think that I should be watching two little boys growing up. I guess that is why I stare at Bear so much, I imagine how life would be with another one of him. Wow that would definitely be a challenge! Awesome, but a challenge.

No comments: