Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fun Facts #2

~ Who Is My Hero: My hero is my mother, I know it's no surprise most people say that. I think that is an omage to mothers around the world. My mother is my hero because she taught me perserverance, patients, and how to raise good kids. I get compliments about my children being well behaved and I truly believe that is a compliment as much to my mother as it is to me. My mother went back to college when she was 38, worked a full time job, and raised six kids all by herself while doing it. Life wasn't easy for any of us but we learned how to stick up for each other and have formed an unbreakable bond with each other. It breaks my heart when I hear of someone who hasn't spoken to their siblings in years. I can't go one day without emailing, speaking, and seeing at least one of my siblings. I know we owe that all to my mom. I love you to eternity and beyond mom!!! 8/29/08
~ Who Would I Choose For My Leading Man: I think all who know me already know the answer to this one, Mel Gibson. I know he's a bit older than I am and no I don't have daddy issues. I think Mel most resembles Big D, stop laughing. Mel's sense of humor, some of his manorisms and, of course, his dashing good looks all remind me of Big D. Since I already have my leading man I am good to go. 8/28/08
~ Some Thing I Inherited From My Parents: I inherited my mom's beautiful finger nails. I had a teacher in the fourth grade who told me it should be illegal for someone as young and unappreciative as me to have finger nails that looked french mancured without any effort. That made me feel so good, and I do believe that was about the time I started taking better care of my nails.
I inherited my dad's beautiful olive skin that does not burn very often. I can't tell you how many times I've been out in the sun all day and everyone else is burned to a crisp and I am a nice golden brown (I sound like I'm a piece of chicken or something). 8/27/08
~ My Favorite Pet Growing Up: Jeremy our cocker spanial. We got him when I was just a pup myself, I was around 8 or 9 years old. On Christmas Eve I walked into the bath room to relieve myself and this ferocious beast jumped at me. I have a blood curtling scream which woke my parents. They came in the bath room to find the beast attacking me with it's tongue. After they got me all calmed down they let me in on the secret that the puppy was a family gift. I couldn't sleep after that I was too excited to play with our new puppy.
Jeremy had a nice life with us until one day the neighbor boy tried to force feed him sunflower seeds. I kept telling him to knock it off but he didn't listen until finally Jeremy lost it and bit the boy right on his face. He had to go to the hospital and get stitches and the doctor said if the bite was just a little more to the right it would have killed him. My parents were petrified of being sued so my dad took Jeremy, and his gun, and left. I was wrought with tears until my dad came home and said he found a nice farm for Jeremy to live on. It wasn't until I was about twenty-seven that I realized what the "farm" ment. 8/26/08
~ My Favorite Band/Musician: Back in the 80's I really enjoyed rock bands like Poison, Bon Jovi and Def Leopard. Now that I'm old I like softer stuff like Josh Grobin, Celine Dion and Michael Buble. 8/25/08

No comments: