Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bear vs Tree

We have a ladder that the kids use to get on the trampoline. Well, sometimes they use this ladder to get on the roof of the toy house or to climb a tree.

Bud and Bear were playing in the back yard a couple days ago with the ladder against our Box Elder Tree. Bear climbed up the ladder and it went out from underneath him with his face sliding down the truck of the tree.

I didn't see it happen all I heard was the screaming afterward. Later, after I cleaned up him face I noticed he wouldn't walk. He would crawl around and when I'd touch his leg he'd scream at me.

I come from a bit of the pessimistic side of life so my mind flashed back to when Bear broke his arm and he was real quiet until I'd touch his arm and then he'd scream at me.

Big D has accused me of over reacting before so I didn't want to jump to conclusions, but after the second day of him not wanting to walk I couldn't stand it any longer. I called up Honey and asked her to X-ray Bear's leg, she probably thinks I am the most paranoid mother in the world.

The X-ray came back fine, he did not break his leg. The only thing we could guess is he hyper extended his knee.

It's so funny because the moment just after the X-ray he started walking, with a limp, but walking. Now he seems to be just fine and walking normal. I guess I do over react too much.

No comments: