Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fun Facts #3

~ My First Job: I worked at Little Caesars for about a year when I was a Sophmore. I remember my first day of work I was taking orders on the phone and I got this creepy guy on the line. I told him the daily special and asked if I could take his order. He said in a very leery voice, "I want you." I didn't think I heard him right so I asked him to repeat himself and he said, "I want you." I told him, "I'm sorry that isn't on the menu can I get you anything else?" I was a bit flabergasted at this point. Come to find out it was my boyfriend playing a trick on my. I thought it was pretty funny after the fact. Come to think about it I think I kept the job longer than I kept the boyfriend. Hmm. 9/3/08
~ My Motto: I have had a couple different mottos in my life: "Don't put off for tomorrow what I can get done today" "Do unto others as I'd want done to me". All very good mottos but none of them are original. My newest motto I got from Big D when I went back to school. I get overwhelmed really easy and when I do I tend to shut down unable to function, I know not an admirable trait. Big D sat me down and explained that I am going to school for fun not for an education that I am going to have to turn into a career to provide for our family. There is not a time line on when I have to finish I can just sit back and enjoy the journey. Now I have that posted on my desk top "Enjoy the Journey". Everytime I start to get overwhelmed I read that and it helps me focus on what is important in my life. 9/2/08
~ My first day of school: I was petrified as I rode the bus to my first day of Kindergarten. I had moved to the area recently and I didn't know very many people. There was this little boy, Brandon, who was my neighbor and we had played a couple times. His mom rode the bus with him the first day and I don't know why but she made me feel better just by being there. It was like having an adult I recognized was good maybe my mom really wasn't shipping me off to the middle of no where never to return. However, on the return trip from school it was raining and there was no mom there to comfort me. I lived about 50 feet from the bus stop and the instant I got off the bus I was drenched. The water was coming down so hard that I had a hard time seeing where I was going. I couldn't see my house I thought someone moved it on me. It took me a good fifteen minutes to walk half way home I was scared I sat down on the corner and cried. I was right in front of Brandon's house his mom came outside took me into her house, called my mom to tell her where I was and gave me some hot chocolate. Brandon and I played until the rain stopped and I could see my house again. Brandon and I became best friends that day and we did every thing together after that. I told everyone we were going to get married someday. We never did get married but I still consider him one of my very best friends growing up. 9/1/08
~ Our 4th of July tradition: Every year for the week of the 4th we go to Island Park for a family reunion. However, about five years ago we were sitting at the golf course waiting for the firework show to start, I was in the jeep feeding Bud, and all the huge fireworks for the show blew up. They were going every where shooting fireworks into the audience everyone was jumping for cover. It sent a pregnant women into labor and the city got sued by someone in the audience. Needless to say they don't do fireworks anymore. So now on the 4th we go to up to Billings, Montana to watch their fireworks with our friends. We still go to Island Park every year but now we take a jaunt up to Montana as well. I love adapting our traditions to make them better and better. 8/31/08
~ If I am on a deserted island what 5 things would I want: Well first off I'd want Big D, no one wants to party alone. Next I would want a nice big beautiful leather bound journal, with a pen, so I could write about all my experiences, you know for whom ever finds our bodies later. Next I would like Big D's tool belt full of tools so he can build us a little hut while I sip cocnut juice on the beach. I'm pretty sure that counts as more than one item but it's my fantacy so I say it's all one item. I think a boat would be nice to have as well, not for leaving the island, but so we could take nice romantic jaunts around our island. 8/30/08

No comments: