Thursday, September 25, 2008

Potato Gleaning

Beaner's class went potato gleaning today and she asked if I could come along. Of course, where I go Bear goes, so he picked potatoes as well. I think Big D was a little jealous he doesn't get to go on the field trips with the kids as often as I do. He kissed me goodbye on his way to work and in a snotty voice said, "Have Fun".



Beaner's school does this ever other year and then donate the potatoes to the local food bank. Her school is strong on service and giving back to the community. I've been very impressed with the school.



This is Beaner's prized funky potato. She was so proud of it I'm surprised she didn't ask if she could bring that one home.



The bags got pretty heavy, it was nice to watch the kids work together and help each other out.



After we were all done with our dirty work we got to go to the park and relax, eat lunch and play on the toys.

No comments: