Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fun Facts #4

~ Who was my Favorite Teacher: I would have to say my sixth grade teacher, Mr. Horrocks. He was a gentle giant. My brother, Brook, had him before I did, which most of the time really backfires for me. I think he liked Brook's creative imagination so the repercussions weren't too bad. I don't know why he was my favorite, it could have been a combination of his teaching and that it was just a really good year for me. I do remember once we had a substitute teacher and I didn't know her name. I had to go to the restroom so bad I leaned over and asked my girlfriend, Jen, what her name was. She told me her name was Ms. Queer. I know I was naive but I had no idea what a queer was. I went up and asked, "Ms. Queer may I go to the restroom?" Ooh she was so mad at me she started screaming at me and would not let me go to the restroom. I thought I was going to explode. Okay that had nothing to do with Mr. Horrocks. He had a unique rewards system where we could earn points and then buy stuff with those points. I remember once I won a six pack of Pepsi from him for guessing how many beans were in a jar. I don't like Pepsi but I drank the whole thing just because I was so proud of myself. He also let us pick our own spelling words, which in sixth grade was so cool and of course we all tried to out do each other finding the hardest spelling words. It went great until one day a guy named Jared put a huge medical word up that was longer than the alphabet. After that Mr. Horrocks decided he'd better choose our words for us. The sixth grade was a great year all around. We were the oldest now, the rulers of the school. I went through boyfriends like they were candy. My best friend was in my class and we had the teacher everyone else wished they could have. It was a great year! 9/12/08
~Where Was I on 9/11/01: I was walking on the treadmill watching TV when they broke in with the news report from New York. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I sat down on the corner of my bed right in time to see the second plane slam into the next building. It was all so surreal and then the buildings collapsed. I cried for the people who were hurt, I cried for the families who lost a loved one, and I cried for the troops who I knew would be called up to retaliate for this atrocity. 9/11/08
~ What is my Favorite Day of the Week: I love Sundays, they are so peaceful and I love going to my in-laws for dinner. We've been doing Sunday dinners for almost thirteen years now, I never thought it would last that long. I thought my mother-in-law would get sick of us mooching and put an end to it, but I think we've grown on her. She always has the best meals: Salmon in dill sauce, fillet Mignon, bread pudding, Geraldine's rolls, etc. She just makes us all feel so welcome and relaxed when we come over, I bet we take a nap almost every Sunday over there. Of course then we end the evening with a little Funniest Home Videos. Who can ask for a better day? 9/10/08
~ How Many True Best Friends Have I Had: Not counting my hubby who is my ultimate BFF I've had four. C, whom I'm still in contact with, Emily whom I'm not in contact with but I keep tabs on, Heather whom I'm not in contact with, and lastly Jennifer whom I've recently found after a ten year loss of time. I've never made friends easily but once I make one they are in my heart forever. I wish I was a better friend maybe that should be one of my goals. I should have to make contact with all my friends and resurrect our friendships. 9/5/08
~ My Security Object When I Was Younger: When I was about tenish I got a white teddy bear for Christmas from my mom. My sister got a black one exactly like mine and she wanted mine. My mom asked if I would be willing to trade her. "I don't think so doesn't she know that white is my favorite color?". I carried that teddy bear around with me every where. I even dreamed about it, that's how I came up with it's name, Oochy. I know ten is a bit old to start with a security object but it was around the time my parents were getting a divorce and I need a constant in my life that I could count on. 9/4/08

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tiffany- regarding " Your Favorite Teacher", you have an amazing memory! Mr. Horrocks was one of my most favorite teachers too- great person. Wanted to comment on the "Mrs. Queer" incident... I don't remember there being more than one Jennifer in our class, so I can only assume I was the Jen you referred to. How incredibly embarassing!! I am SO sorry! I can't believe I would have told you that. Not sure that I even knew what a queer was at the age of 12(probably something I heard someone say??), but none the less- WHOA, so sorry!