Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fun Facts #5

~ How Did Big D and I Meet: I don't know the exact day we met because he and my brother, Brook, were best friends growing up. Big D was always at our house because he loved the chaos of all the kids, Big D was pretty much raised as an only child because there is so much difference in age between him and his brother and sister. I do know that I was not interested in Big D until he was on his mission. At church I would walk by his plaque on my way to class and every week he got better looking to me. I think the Lord was trying to change my adolecent views of him. When Big D got home from his mission my oldest brother, Itchy, told Big D he should ask me out. Big D said I was too young, He thought I was still the same 16-year-old that I was when he left. When he found out I was 18 he started mulling over the idea. The next day he asked me out and I was flabbergasted, don't ask me why I'd never been flabbergasted when a guy asked me out. I changed my cloths multiply times trying to find the right outfit. I couldn't quit smiling, I think my heart knew something I didn't. I had recently gotten out of a long term long distance relationship that almost ended up in marriage before I broke it off, I was NOT looking for another relationship, but tell that to my predate gitters.9/17/08

~ Our First Date: I felt like I was dating my brother, which can be good and bad, not dating your brother, but feeling like you are dating your brother. It was good because I was able to relax and not feel like I was on a date with a total stranger having to start from scratch. We already knew a lot about each other. Conversation came easy to us, as did the teasing. We went to dinner and a movie, I know, how original. But it was one of the best dates I've ever been on just because of who I was with. At the movie, 'Casper the Friendly Ghost', we sat next to a lady and her infant little girl. Big D had his arm around my and playing with the baby. I told him that this was the first date I've ever been on that my date had his arm around me and holding hands with another girl. I think it was all a ploy to let me see how good he was with kids, he was just trying to melt my heart and it worked. After the movie we took his '79 Trans Am for a spin, he let me drive. He says this is where I fell in love with him. I had my hand on the gear shift and he set his hand on top of mine, ah how sweet and romantic. We had a great time together and we didn't have to do anything earth shattering, just being with him was shattering the earth as I knew it. 9/16/08

~ Our Second Date: I don't want to scare you that I am going to go through our thirteen year relationship one day at a time. The second date was very funny and I still raz him about it. We went to the go-cart track. We had to wait our turn so we sat down on a trailor to talk. I am deaf in my right ear, which Big D forgot because he sat down on the wrong side of me. He leaned over and whispered in my ear, I turned my head to ask him what he said and to my surprise he planted a big kiss right on me. When he pulled away and saw my eyes bulging out of my head he started back peddling and apologizing. He said, "I'm sorry, I asked you if I could kiss you." I reminded him that I was deaf in that ear and I was turning my head to ask him what he said. He thought I was turning my head in acceptance. We had a great laugh and I don't think he's ever forgotten which ear I'm deaf in again. 9/15/08

~ What are My Hobbies: I enjoy writing (obviously), photography, scrapbooking (but I havn't been able to do it in over six years), woodworking and gardening. I know there's more that I really enjoy doing but they are all such guilty pleasures that I don't ever get to do them much. I think the only thing I do often on this list is the writing, and I feel guilty for how often I do that. 9/14/08

~ My Favorite Calling at Church: I was in the Young Women's for about three years. I held various positions: camp leader, Mia Maid Advisor, and First Counselor in the presidency. I guess I don't really seperate those callings, I like to refer to my time in the YW's as one long calling. I served under two different presidents whom I grew to love and respect tremendously. Some people complain about how much work goes into the YW's program, but I saw it as an opportunity to serve and in turn grow to love the girls and their individual personalities. I think I realize the saying, "you love whom you serve". I've never worked harder and received more reward. 9/13/08

No comments: