Thursday, September 4, 2008

Nasty Rumors

A lady called me from my ward today and said she heard that I baby-sit a lot. This is the second lady to accuse me of this. I would like to know who is spreading these nasty rumors.

It was nice to have a legitimate excuse, "Sorry I am going back to school, I don't have the time." Someone needs to spread that rumor for me.

I doubt I am the only stay-at-home mom in my ward. It's funny that working mom's feel us stay-at-home mom's have oodles and oodles of free time to spend watching everyone else kids.

I promise that just because society portrays us as bonbon eating soap opera watching lazy bums we are not, at least most of us are not, okay at least I am not.

I guess I don't mind helping people out every once in awhile when they need a babysitter for a few hours, but every day for a few hours doesn't work for me. I have things to do and places to go. I have a hard enough time lugging around my four children let alone someone else kids.

Every since my son died I have a real hard time with babies, especially when they cry. It rips my heart out and throws me into a depression. I think on behalf of my families sanity, and my own for that matter, it is safest if I just stay away from that land mine.

So I am starting my own rumor: I eat little kids for lunch. Please spread it around:)

Disclosure: The disgruntled babysitting and carnivorism does not extend to family and close friends. I fear it would be too easy to trace back to me.

Addendum:(9/11/08) Wow, I was in a bad mood when I wrote this. I hope I didn't offend anyone with my pessimistic view on not wanting to help others as they try to better their lives. I am just such a person whose trying to better her life with going back to school and my beautiful sister-in-law, Rae, and my brother, Brook, watch my kids for me while I'm in class. I wouldn't be able to do it without them and I am extremely grateful for all they do for me.

No comments: