Monday, August 25, 2008

What A First Day

My eye has not quit twitching since I woke up this morning. I made it to class on time, with time to spare. My professor is new, not only to me but to the university. He's from North Carolina and he's only been here for about nine days. He was a jester and trying to get the class to laugh, but we were all sceptical. I was sceptical for no other reason than usually when a professor is all funny and trying to make you relax with his humor, it's a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing. He draws you in and then he turns into this monsterly hard professor. So yeah go ahead and be all funny professor man, but I'm on to you.

I bought my books for this class back at the beginning of summer. I have four books for the class and I've read one and a half. Come to find out our "New" professor changed two of the four books. I was so proud of myself saving so much money ordering online only to now have to reorder more books. And then having read two of the four books, I was a bit smug thinking I was ahead of everyone else, oops I was wrong.

Big D is a little ticked at me. I am just hoping that the book I ordered for his class is the one he needs or I am a skewed duck. I definitely don't think he is going to let me order books online again.

Other than the book debacle, I think I am going to enjoy this class. It will be hard but I think I will learn a lot. I hope I can stay up beat and positive throughout the entire semester.