Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Twin Falls Temple


What a treat to visit Temple Open Houses and take the brood. I love to listen to how the tour guide describes the different rooms and what takes place in those rooms. It is such a holy place for LDS people that I get intimidated to share with others what goes on there. I don't want to reveal something sacred that I shouldn't.

I think the most sacred thing that goes on there, that I can reveal, and that no one can put into words, is the feeling, or the spirit that I experience when I'm dressed all in white and I leave my worldly cares at the door. Nothing in this world can compare to that feeling of love and importance. I realize I am not a nobody to the Lord. He loves me and knows me as an individual and my cares and worries are not insignificant to him.

Of course I don't get all that from the open house, I get that from regular temple visits. The open house is an opportunity to take my family to see how beautiful the House of the Lord is and it gives them and idea of where Mommy and Daddy are going when we say we are going to the temple.

All the kids had their favorite parts of the tour. Bug marveled at all the magnificent chandeliers and the mirrors that represent eternity in the sealing room. Beaner was excited to be the first to see the next room. Bud enjoyed matching the rooms to their pictures on the brochure, it was like a treasure map to him. Bear loved the baptismal font, He thought it was an indoor swimming pool just his size, Beaner even had to grab his arm before he jumped in. All of them were excited to partake of the cookies at the end.

Big D was happy none of our kids took off running and screaming down the hall, which he knew deep down inside is what they really wanted to do, especially Bear. And I loved watching their faces as they saw each of the rooms in all their magnificence and glory.

All in all the entire family made wonderful memories that will last us an eternity.

No comments: