Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of School For My Minions


Today was all the kids' first day of school, except Bear. He did have to wear his back pack to Auntie Rae's so he could be a big boy just like Bud.

With Bud just starting out in kindergarten one of his parents had to stay with him all day. Well, I had a class so Big D took him to school. I felt bad because I sent them at the wrong time. For some reason I switched which crew Bug was in.

At their school they don't have classes they have crews to teach the kids that everyone has to work together to make things happen.

It didn't make a difference he just didn't get to sit with his own crew today, but I will get it right tomorrow.

The girls had a good day getting to see their friends they'd missed all summer. Bug has a substitute teacher all semester because her teacher's daughter is going in for a bone marrow transplant. Bug was pretty bummed about that because she really likes her teacher.

Beaner and Bug both had to take a pop math quiz today, that didn't make them too happy. I had to laugh and tell them it's just getting them ready for college where the professors like to torture their students.

Beaner was hoping the boys wouldn't chase her this year but she confessed when she got home that they are still chasing. Of course she is trying to sound disappointed as she tells me her problem but it's hard to take her serious when her face displays a huge grin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at how grown up your kids our!!! They are beautiful. I really want to see them. It is now back to chaos with school back in session, but we will have to do a dinner sometime.