Sunday, August 17, 2008

Run Away Weekend

I is nice having both my sister's living together. They are good for each other, although I think they are also bad for each other too. Not really but they are bad for me when I come down: they keep my up too late, I spend too much money when we're together, and they make it hard for me to want to go home sometimes.

I decided to run away my last free weekend before school starts. I made arrangements to help my best friend, C, paint her living room on Saturday then come down a little farther and stay with my sister for the night and head home Sunday. You know what they say, "Life is what happens to you when you make other plans." Well life happened to me and I came down Friday night.

I made it here at about 6p.m. and we grabbed a temple session at 8p.m. I haven't been to the temple in so long that I had a per ma grin on my face the hole time just because it was so nice to be there. We tried to make it to a 7 o'clock session but we were about ten minutes late for that so we decided to grab a bite to eat in the cafeteria. They had meatloaf, oh how I love meat loaf, but it gave me gas, which I knew was going to happen. I prayed it would at least wait to manifest itself until after the session, and thank heavens it did.

We got home from the temple and instantly I started in with my flatulence, but it didn't stink, no really it didn't. However, then Ann introduced me to dipping spicy nacho Doritos in chocolate ice cream, yum. Well, I don't do spicy real well and now my sister's understand why. It made my farts stink, and I don't just mean, "Oh that's gross." Everyone who dose not have a gas mask clear the room please, and that is no exaggeration. After I let off that bomb immediately everyone left and went to bed. The next morning I couldn't stand to be in the restroom with myself. I don't think I will be eating Doritos and ice cream again anytime soon.


On Saturday I woke early and headed off to C's house to help her paint her front room. She'd recently bought a creamy white couch and it blended in with her walls. She got some paint that looked exactly like melted chocolate, it made me crave a Hersey's bar all day. After some discussing of what she wanted to accomplish we painted one wall solid brown and another with stripes. I am a huge fan of stripes, I wonder why? I think that is a question to diagnose at a later posting.


I was so nice to have the hole day to talk while we were actually doing something productive. Usually we don't get much time to chat, either we are on the phone and that costs money or she has to get on the road for the long drive home. We didn't have to worry about doing that. Maybe that is why I brought up striping one wall, I knew it would take us awhile to do thus buying me more time with her.

After we were done painting we wanted to go to Tai Pan Trading, my favorite store. C's husband had to go help a neighbor real quick so we sat down and started talking. The longer we sat there the quicker the whole not going to be until 2 was catching up to me. I realized I still had to drive the forty-five minutes back to my sister's house, in heavy traffic, so I thought it best to get on the road before I put her new couch to good use with my head. I had a great time and I hope she comes up with another project soon so we can do it again. Of course it will have to be over Christmas break or next summer.

When I got back to my sisters house Ann had been napping for the past two hours, the little cheat. So she was all rested and I was determined to take advantage of every minute I got to spend with her so I kicked her out of bed and we went and saw Marie at work. We got there right when she was closing her store, around 9ish, so we couldn't stay there long. Ann was in need of hugs so she planted one on Marie, which made Marie's guy coworkers happy, a little girl on girl action so to speak. I don't think any of them realized we are all sisters.

With nothing else to do that we could think of we went to a movie, "Journey To The Center Of The Earth", it was in 3D. They gave us our funky glasses and it took us awhile to quit going cross eyed as we tried to focus on the movie. As long as they didn't move too fast we were fine. We must have been a little giddy because we ended up leaving Ann's cell phone in the theater and had to run back and get it before the cinema locked up for the night. I honestly didn't think it would still be there, that goes to show you my faith in man. I was humbled when we got there and the manager said someone turned it in. I had to chastise myself when we got back in to the car.

I've had a very nice get away I wish I could stay a little longer. There are so many places I want to go and see, and shop. It's a good thing I'm going home on Sunday; I can't stop and shop on my way home, Big D will appreciate that.

I think it's good for Big D and the kids to spend the weekend together, alone. Let him have the kids 24/7 and not be able to just jump and run. Although I don't think he can comprehend the full gravity of how confining it is in just two days. Big D always makes me feel so loved and missed when I come home, and he gets to go back to work. Not that I am complaining, I love being a stay-at-home mom. I need to let Big D know how loved he is for allowing me the opportunity to have such a career. I'll do that as soon as I get home.

4 comments:

Camie Marie said...

Thank You to the Best Friend I've ever had!! My living room looks amazing all thanks to you!! I'm glad you were able to go and chill with your sisters! LOL!!

Camie Marie said...

Why oh why didn't you just put the tush picture of you on? Come one, be Brave! And take my picture off!! That's ruining the whole look! :-)

Tiff said...

I will remove it if you really want me to. I just want everyone to see how cute you are. You're lucky I didn't just put your picture on there, I look horrible. You're over there in your cute jeans and me in my cut off sweats. Oh yeah that is fashion sense.

Camie Marie said...

Yes, but there isn't a cuter face in cut-off shorts. :-)