Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We're Not In High School Any More, ToTo

Today was my second day of class and I already had a pop quiz. I was a bit intimidated when he said we were having a quiz because not only did I not read the thirty pages I was suppose to, I don't even have the book yet.

Thank goodness it was a quiz from one of the other three books that are assigned reading in the class (AP Stylebook 2007) and that one I had started reading. It also took some pressure off that the quiz wasn't graded, he just wanted to see what we knew and if we knew how to look stuff up in this book.

I kind of wish it would've been graded; I would have gotten a good grade. Now the future tests I'm not so confident about. Too bad I don't already have a good grade under my belt.

Big D went to his first class last night and his professor sprung a pop quiz on them as well. However, his professor said if they didn't pass the test they needed to reevaluate why they were in the class. His professor also said if anyone had taken his accounting class from him last semester that they should do okay on the quiz. Big D did take this guys accounting class - but it was ten years ago.

I remember the good old days of high school when you really didn't start delving into hard work for the first week of school. I pray every day now that I can please just make it through that days class.

I am really excited to learn what this class is all about. I think it will make me a much better writer and it will give me a glimpse into the life of a journalist.

We have to read "All The President's Men" in this class, which I've already read. I was totally enamored with the book and finished it relatively quickly. My professor told us the reason he has us read it is to let us know the hard work journalists have to put into their job and if we aren't up for it then we need to rethink our career path. I am so up for that and look forward to learning all about the 'how to'.

No comments: