Monday, December 22, 2008

Too Judgemental

I have noticed that I am way too judgemental, and I think it is getting worse the older I get. I've been staring at my face really close in the mirror and I've realized that if you stare at anything that close looking for flaws, you will find them.

I've been trying to be less critical and judgemental, that's why I decided to go see the movie "Twilight" again. I knew my sister-in-law, Rae, loved the movie and so did my step-mother, Honey. So I called and asked if they wanted to join me in a girls night out.

We had so much fun!

We went to Winger's for dinner, my favorite. Honey is one of those people who hate silence. She filled the conversation for us, which is nice for Rae and I because neither one of us are much for talking.

Honey is so funny, she has so many stories and she is so animated when she tells them. You can't help but love her, she is the life of the party.

We lost track of time and left for the theater five minutes before the movie started being ten minutes away from the theater. It's a good thing we knew this movie had like thirty minutes of previews.

We got there and I asked the ladies where they'd like to sit. They told me to lead the way. We sat down and I cleared my mind of any preconceived judgements from the last time I watched the movie.

I was doing great, really getting into the movie and then it started. At first it wasn't too bad a little Oder, I honestly thought that dinner wasn't sitting well with Rae, she's pregnant. But then I looked over and she was covering her nose with her coat. I asked her if she was alright and that's when she confided someone around us was farting and it was getting worse.

The lady sitting on the other side of me, with a chair in between us, kept looking over at me. I didn't know if she was doing that because she thought it was me with the methane problem or if it was her and she felt guilty for torturing the rest of us with her putrid smell.

Needless to say, we didn't stick around to ask. As soon as the movie ended we jumped up and ran from the theater in search of fresh air. We laughed the whole way home about Honey crying in the theater, "My eyes are burning".

I'm sure whom ever it was with the...problem, we didn't make them feel any better about it.

No comments: