Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Tree

I have a beautiful Victorian Christmas tree. I love decorating my tree, which is probably why I set it up between Halloween and Thanksgiving. I think one month is just not enough time to full appriciate the ornaments.

When I do my tree I don't let the kids touch most of the ornaments because they are so breakable. What fun it that for kids?

For the past two years I have opted to not put my ornaments on the tree. We have strung popcorn, baked cookies, and hung candy canes. I think the kids enjoy it more and it gets us together as a family in the decorating process.



Making cookies with the kids can be fun and educational for mom. I learn just how many nooks and crannies my kids can shove cookie dough.



Big D thought it would be nice to have me in some of our photos.



Beaner and Bear are hiding behind the tree waiting for us to put the cookies on. What do they think is going to happen? They are so not getting the cookies.

No comments: