Thursday, December 18, 2008

Child Therapy

I fear I may have scared my little boy, Bear. He may need a lot of therapy after being raised by me.

I have a friend who just gave birth to her little girl three weeks early. She's not doing well. She has some lung problems and had to be flown to Primary Children's Hospital.

I think the whole saga is affecting me more than I want to admit.

Thinking of the awful pain my friend is going to have to go threw if her precious little one doesn't make it, is weighing on my mind.

Today I've broke down crying three times. Once I was sitting in my rocking chair, the one we bought right after Sweeton died, and I asked Bear if I could have a cup of Jo (a big hug).

He loves to give people a cup of Jo but it usually only lasts about two seconds. Which is to be expected from a three year old.

Bear ran up to me and gave me the biggest cup of Jo and I just burst out crying as I was holding him. Bear just froze. He didn't know what to do. Mommy had never broke down crying when I've gotten my cup of Jo before.

I knew he wouldn't want me to hold him too long so I tried to wrap it up. I patted him on the back and told him that was the best cup of Jo he'd ever given me.

Instead of letting go he squeezed tighter, which made me burst into tears again. Bear let me hold him for a good five minutes without complaint.

Finally I patted him on the back again and said, "Thank you, you can go play with brother again if you want to."

I am so blessed to have him to help me through my mourning periods, which really are few and far between now-a-days. It is nice to have a little person around whom looks exactly like Sweeton would today. I think the Lord knew that would be a huge comfort to me, that's why he sent both boys down together.

A little while later I walked by the toyroom and stopped to watch Bear play. I think it freaked him out because he stopped playing and stared at me like he was waiting for me to start crying again.

I put a huge smile on my face and asked if he was having fun. That made him feel better and he went back to playing.

I just hope I haven't scared Bear too bad. Hopefully nothing a little therapy can't cure.

1 comment:

Camie Marie said...

I think God sent him down for more than one reason (amazing hugs being among them). "Sue" would be glad you're thinking of her. I hope you're okay.