Monday, December 29, 2008

Is Christmas Over Yet?

Nope!

We have celebrated our own Christmas, Christmas with the in-laws, and Christmas at my dad's. How many more could there possibly be, one. Tonight is my mom's Christmas party.

My poor spoiled children think Christmas lasts for at least the whole two weeks they're out of school.

I love it!

Big D is such a romantic. We were way beyond out of money for Chritsmas and he hadn't gotten me anything. I tried to convince him that I didn't need anything but the eight presents under the tree for him kept slapping him in the face. I can understand how he feels because I would feel the same way, but I honestly didn't want anything.

My main squeeze knows just what I like and it's not a box of chocolates, knicks knacks, flowers, or superfluous garbage. He took the song I've been listening to over and over for the past month, "Citizen Soldiers" by Three Doors Down, and rewrote the words for me. In place of Citizen Soldiers it was Spiritual Mother.

He waited till all the kids were in bed sat me down and turned on the all to familiar song. He turned it down so I couldn't hear the words being sung but I could still hear the music. He sang me his new song and I absolutely loved it. He never ceases to surprise me, and it is hard to surprise me.



What a good dad, helping Bear realize the greatness of his tiny gift. Not that he had to do much convincing, Bear loves cars.



My little knight in training. Someday he will be someone's knight in shinning armor. It's a good thing I still have awhile and until then he is all mine.



Kinnzi loved her toys. She knew she was getting something good. In the morning we found her asleep on top of her stocking.



Five minutes after we gave the okay for presents Beaner had everyone's presents organinzed in individual piles. She was not aloud to touch the presents under the tree until that morning so it's not like she knew where everyone's gifts were. She was just really excited.

Over at my in-laws house we don't exchange gifts, except for the kids. The adults exchange letters. This year Papa Ray had my name. He is the cutest man I know. I love that Big D is so much like his dad, now I know what I've gotten myself into for the future.

He teased me about my letter the Sunday before Christmas. We were over at his house for Sunday dinner playing Apples to Apples. He was sitting next to me and I was talking trash with him. He warned me, "You'd better watch it, I have to write you letter this year." I laughed so hard. He has such a quiet dry sense of humor that when he does say something it's worth listening to.

He did great on the letter. He found a poem on the internet that helped him say what he wanted to say. He did a great job.



Papa helping Bug tune her new guitar. She was so excited to get this guitar. She's been telling me since she started piano that she wants to learn to play the guitar. Her teacher at school plays the guitar for the class all the time and she thinks it would be great to learn.



I think Grandma liked the present I made for her, if not she's a good faker. Either way it made me feel good to see the smile on her face.



The kids pose before opening a present from Aunt Pat. She spoils the kids and they love it.



Aunt Kathy is showing right were Aunt Pat's gift is going.

The 28th and 29th were spent out at my dad's house. We love going out as early as we can, especially when there is snow. We play all day only going in for potty breaks and to eat. We usually sled well into the night too, that's my favorite, but this year we played too hard durning the day. We were all way too tired when the sun went down.





These guys are such posers. When the camera comes out they start a hole new game of fun.





Grandma Honey made up for not having the turkey done at Thanksgiving, she made two turkeys for our big dinner one a normal turkey and then a smoked turkey. Yum!



Grandma Honey was laughing at me, every picture she has of me at Christmas I am holding a camera. I told her that that's all I had of her as well. So I thought I'd get a picture of her holding something better than a camera.



The kids had a hard time staring at the mountain of gifts and not diving in. We had to stop a couple of the kids as they were in the process of opening the gifts before it was time. Some thought if they accidentally fell on the gift and it happened to open they wouldn't get caught. They really need to come up with new material, don't they know we've all been in their position before.



There is nothing better than having family around. We love to play hard but we also love to talk and laugh. We find ourselves rather hillarious. Ooh, what handsome men.



Papa ended up with so many gifts on his lap he had to stand up and set the presents on his chair just so he could see everyone else open theirs. Hopefully he realizes how loved he is.

Thank you for such wonderful Christmas memories. I look forward to next years stories and memories.

No comments: