Friday, December 5, 2008

I'd Do Anything For Those Sisters Of Mine

I had a crazy dream last night that really freaked me out.

I was at school and my sister Marie came up to me in a panic. Which is funny because Marie doesn't even live in the same state as me lest alone go to the same school as me. Any who, she came up to me in a panic because she was suppose to find a guinea pig for an experimental surgery her professor wanted to do that day and she never found anyone.

Hating to see her that way I offered to be the guinea pig for her so she didn't get in trouble. I was suppose to be an easy not to invasive procedure that took just a little of my time and possibly inflicted a tiny bit of pain.

Another funny point here is Ann is the sister going into the medical field, not Marie.

Apparently the news got broad cast on a breaking news special because half my home town all of a sudden knew about me and this procedure. Beaner's third grade teacher was coming up talking to me about it, as was Emily, a high school friend that I've lost contact with.

They are all asking me if I'm nervous and what exactly the surgery consists of. I'm trying to answer their question but I really don't understand myself what I've gotten myself into. All I know is I was trying to save my sister's hide so she didn't get kicked out of school.

Come to find out is the surgery in down by my Netherlands and I will be exposed for an entire class for observation. Well, it is a medical class it is a given there will be students present.

The next person that came up to me is my professor and he is talking about the procedure like he is going to be present for it, as is my entire journalism class.

It's one thing to let a bunch of strangers, whom I've never met and will never see again, watch my nakedness being cut open and examined. It's an entirely different scenario when it's a group of people I have to attend class with twice a week, plus, none of them are going into the medical field.

One would think that after giving birth to five children I wouldn't be shy about my Netherlands anymore. Especially after one of those births was to twins; I had half the hospital staff in my room.

The closer my journalism professor led me to the operating/class room the more nervous I got. Thank goodness as soon as we reached the doorway I woke up. I wouldn't let myself go back to sleep after that

I think if this dream, or should I say nightmare, has told me one thing it is that I would do anything for my sisters.

1 comment:

Camie Marie said...

Man, what are you eating before bedtime! :)