Monday, December 15, 2008

Keeping Up With Technology

My beautiful mother, Mama Lovely, is trying to keep up with technology. My brother, Brook, got her a cell phone. She's had one before but it's been awhile.

A couple days after she got it my brother Lowell came over for a visit. Mama Lovely was frustrated with her new toy.

"I think it's broken already," said Mama Lovely. She was afraid to tell Brook she'd broken his gift.

Lowell asked her what was wrong with it and she said she couldn't get it to do anything. She charged it and still nothing.

Lowell grabbed the phone and started flipping threw the menu. Everything was doing what it was supposed to. He asked her what it was she wanted it to do and he would show her how to do it.

She looked at the phone and surprised said, "How did you get it to do that?"

Lowell said, "I turned it on."

She had spent the last couple hours fiddling with her phone and all she needed to do was turn it on.

I love my mother, she is a never ending source of funny for me.

1 comment:

Camie Marie said...

Sheesh. I leave for a week and you update almost every day! I love it!!