Thursday, July 31, 2008

How I Saw The Lord's Hand in July

7/31/08~ I am getting in the mind set of the harvest, even though we still have a few weeks for most of the food to come in.

7/30/08~ I found a great deal on raspberries and had the opportunity to make my favorite raspberry jam.

7/29/08~ We went boating and our little propane burner almost blew up on us as we were cooking hot dogs. Someone had made a fire ring and left wood in it so we started a fire and roasted our hot dogs that way.

7/28/08~ Hotties parents had a cherry tree in their back yard they weren't going to do any thing with, so we went and picked then and made pie filling out of them. I guess that's yummy to some people but not so much to me. But it was still fun to pick and can the cherries.

7/27/08~ Kinnzi escape from my in-laws back yard. They live on a very busy street by an even busier intersection. Someone stopped their car and picked her up out of the middle of the street and knocked on doors until they found whom she belonged to. That could have ended so much worse.

7/26/08~ Everyone had a good time at the family reunion. Those who didn't want to stay long, didn't. But those who enjoyed the break from the norm, had a ball.

7/25/08~ Big D had to take the young men boating in Bear Lake then race home so he could have to boat all ready for our family reunion the next day. He was a tired pup. You'd think he'd be done with boating, but nope.

7/24/08~ Bud's little friend, Lily, invited us to her knew house for her birthday party. It was nice to see our old neighbors and how they've moved up in the world. I wish them all the best.

7/23/08~ It was our turn to weed my mom's garden again. That thing is so intimidating but it only took us about two hours with all the kids' help.

7/22/08~ I had a kid free house for a couple hours. I struggled with my desire to read while my Nagy side ran through a list of chores that needed to be done. We hit a compromise; I folded the laundry then read my book.

7/21/08~ My day is back to normal, or as close as it's going to get before the routine of school returns. I have all my kids home, including my niece and nephew and they are doing chores, YEAH!

7/20/08~ I was excited about taking a nap at my in-laws before I ever got out of bed in the morning. I was so sore it was hard to get down on the floor at play with the kids in nursery, but I survived that too.

7/19/08~ Everyone was safe while boating. With eleven kids, one dog, twelve adults, and beach packed with people you'd think someone would've gotten hurt, but nope. We all came home tired and sore the next day, but everyone was intact.

7/18/08~ I was suppose to go to a Bridal Shower for one of my young women, but everyone need me to baby sit that night. I didn't think it was fair that I make Big D go from having two kids for the past week and a half then having to defend himself against eight kids all in one night while I went to a party. We had fun defending our home against destruction together.

7/17/08~ Big D and I got to go to the driving range with my brothers and a friend. We took turns calling out different contests and I won most of them. I might not be able to shoot a ball very far but I can shoot straight.

7/16/08~ Big D and I went to a new restaurant, Craigo's Gourmet Pizza, it was really good. I enjoyed just getting out of the house without any kids.

7/15/08~ I finally got my day of rest and relaxation, and I don't even feel guilty. I also got the opportunity to help out someone in need. Big D and I had some unexpected funds so we decided to take and give them to someone who needed it more than we did. The funny part is I was trying to decided the best way to approach Big D with wanting to give it away, when he came to me with the exact idea. The Lord definitely knows what's in our hearts.

7/14/08~ Spending time with just my boys is fun. I don't get the opportunity to spend time with just them very often. It's fun to watch their imaginations at work.

7/13/08~ It was so nice to go to church again. I missed
one week and I felt like a slacker.

7/12/08~ My side of the family got together for our annual Family Birthday Party. We partied for seven hours and we probably would've kept going if there was more daylight. It is awesome that my family is so close that we love spending time together.

7/11/08~ I spent the day with my sisters shopping, and for everyone who knows me knows I hate shopping, but I love my sisters. I love it when we get to hang out no matter what we do we have fun.

7/10/08~ My girls went out to my dad's for a couple weeks. I love my girls but sometimes it's nice to miss them from afar, it makes me love them more.

7/9/08~ I returned from my vacay to find my garden has doubled in size.

7/8/08~ My mother-in-law and I took the kids into Yellowstone National Park and had a wonderful time searching for wildlife.

7/7/08~ We went rafting down the Henry's Fork. It was a three hour trip and we didn't die despite my mother-in-law taking off down the river with all the food and water. I even made it in time to accompany some relatives to the Play Mill in Yellowstone. We saw "Oklahoma" and they did a great job.

7/6/08~ We said goodbye to our good friends and thanked them for their immense hospitality and embarked on the third leg of our vacation.

7/5/08~ Bear was enjoying his sparkler until a big chunk fell of and he stepped on it to burn a hole in the bottom of his foot. I doctored him up and he was wanting to light some more fireworks. Talk about resilience.

7/4/08~ We celebrated our Independence in the Wal-Mart parking lot. The fireworks display was spectacular and we all left feeling a bit more patriotic.

7/3/08~ We rapped up the first leg of our vacation in Island Park and hit the road for Montana. What beautiful country up there. The Lord is a fabulous artist!

7/2/08~ We went to the top of the world, or as close as one can get in Island Park, Sawtelle. We had fun in the snow and grasped how tiny people down below are. We also went over to see John Sacks cabin and listened to Kinnzi bark at the seagulls as we tried to feed the fish. I think a little muskrat got more bread than the fish did.

7/1/08~ Everyone enjoyed a big four wheeler ride, even though some of our favorite trails got shut down.

No comments: