Thursday, July 31, 2008

Harvest Season!?!

I am so tired and it's not even technically harvest season yet. My mom told me about a really good deal on raspberries so I went and picked some up. I, unfortunately, didn't have room for the two flats of raspberries in my fridge so at
9 pm I started making raspberry jam. I had to hurry or else I wouldn't have end up with very much jam; I couldn't keep Big D and the kids from sneaking berries.

Everyone was so excited to wake up and enjoy the fresh jam only to discover the only bread in the house was moldy. I hurried and threw some ingredients in the bread maker and three hours later I finally got to experience the fruit of my labor, literally. It was shear Heaven in my mouth.

On top of making jam last night until midnight and fresh bread this morning, I also made 10 loaves of zucchini bread and some zucchini chips today. I have a lot of zucchini, this is the first time I've ever grown zucchini in my garden. I don't really know what to do with it all. Guess what Big D is having for dinner? Chicken and zucchini smothered in a garlic cream sauce. Hopefully it tastes good because it sounds delectable.

I finally got a chance to sit down and write a bit but I can't stay long because Big D wants to go boating again tonight. This will be the fourth time this week. I'm starting to think it would be cheaper for us to buy some beach front property. I hope I don't fall asleep in the water. It will be good exercise for me to go swimming, again.

I am a bit nervous about when the actual harvest season starts. I have my garden to harvest and my mothers, which is four times the size of mine. Ii is exciting to see every thing growing so good we have truly been blessed this year, but I will be starting school when it's time to harvest and can it all.

Boy oh boy, if I thought I was tired now, I'm not looking forward to how tired I'm going to be then.

No comments: