Monday, July 14, 2008

Run Run Run

I feel like all we've been doing since school got out is run run run. So much for rest and relaxation, who knows where that idea ran off too?

This weekend we had our annual family birthday party. We all draw names and purchase a present for that person. That way we don't have to remember everyone birthdays on their respective day. With our growing family it was getting impossible to not only remember, but also to afford every ones birthdays.

This year my brother Itchy and his wife, Hotty, were in charge of the party. They came up with a fifties theme with hula hoops, soda fountain, and Elvis impersonations. We all had a great time and made wonderful memories.



Here's Big D, Brook, and Lowell trying to have a hand stand contest. The funny thing is that Lowell won every hand stand contest until I took this picture and he lost. Maybe I threw him off.





Here's Lowell getting dressed for the 50's Dance Contest. The girls had to dress as guys and the guys as girls. If I remember right my mom won this contest.










All the kids are lined up for their turn at the soda fountain. Big D enjoyed this part of the evening. I think he played bar tender for a good hour.





Itchy, Mom, and Lowell are discussing how they want their burgers done. Itchy and Hotty did a great job once again with all the decorations, fun games and prizes, and all the great food. I think we had a couple of their neighbors who drove by just to see the crazy people acting like ding dongs.



What an awesome family I have!

No comments: