Wednesday, July 9, 2008

How I saw the Lord's Hand in June

6/30/08~ We traveled safely to Island Park. I was a bit nervous because Big D was driving the RV with all the kids and I drove in the van, so we didn't have to take the RV to Montana. I always get nervous when we are split up. I don't want to be left here without my entire family, I think I would go mad.

6/29/08~ We pushed back our departure time for our vacation so we could attend my Dad's Birthday BBQ. I think it made him feel special that I would post pone my vacation for him. We all had a nice time and of course my step-mother made some delectable food.

6/28/08~ I am not getting so overwhelmed that I won't be able to enjoy our only vacay of the year. I'm taking one project at a time, which doesn't sound like much, but it's very difficult for me.

6/27/08~ Bud had a great time at his not-so-surprise Birthday Party.

6/24/08~ My dad feels comfortable dropping by for a chat. We've come a long way.

6/23/08~ After fourteen people stayed in my 980 square foot house, having six kids all day isn't so overwhelming.

6/22/08~ I got to enjoy my cousin and her family for the weekend, and we finally got to sit down and talk, this being the third day into her visit.

6/21/08~ I made it through the day without any break downs. I still thought about Sweeton, but I didn't have a melt down. (The anniversary of Sweeton's death)

6/20/08~ I not only had my cup of Jo and my cup of Bud this morning, but I also woke up before Big D went to work and partook of a cup of my sugar sugar (And no that is not dirty talk). It's amazing what kind of mood it puts me in to feel so loved.

6/19/08~ I got my Visiting Teaching done and made it home in time to go to the beach with my family. I think this is the earliest in the month I've ever gotten my teaching done. I'm going to be so busy the rest of the month I knew I'd forget.

6/18/08~ The doctor didn't tell me I needed my tonsils removed, I just have a nasty sinus infection, and he gave me some really good drugs.

6/16/08~ We all had a wonderful time at the beach and no one got hurt. I think that constitutes a fabulous day.

6/15/08~ Big D confessed he had a wonderful Father's Day starting with a special breakfast and ending with a juicy steak.
And Bear didn't kill his two bottom teeth after smashing a cup in his teeth after a fall.

6/14/08~ Bear didn't have to go to the hospital after taking a header out of the van. And we got mom's garden weeded in only an hour, thanks to Lowell and Rae doing such a great job the week before.

6/13/08~ I successfully made blackberry jam for the first time. I even made some home made bread so we could test our new exploits. Yum!

6/12/08~ I successfully made strawberry jam for the first time.

6/11/08~ Big D does have a happy button.

6/10/08~ Big D admitted he isn't going to stress about every thing that has been breaking down because he realizes the Lord blessed us by helping those things not to break until Big D got a promotion to help pay for it all.

6/9/08~ My house didn't burn down when the appliance fixer man turned on my inept washer.

6/8/08~ All of my garden is coming up and looking great.

6/7/08~ Found a really good deal on canning jars, they are going to help out a lot when my garden comes in.

6/6/08~ I get to spend the whole day in the house with my kids. It helps me remember why and how much I truly love them. And how fast they are all growing up.

6/5/08~ Met the new neighbors and they seem like very nice, normal, people.

6/4/08~ My Washer broke down after I'd done most of the laundry. I think we have a good two, maybe three, weeks before we need to fix it.

6/2/08~ Uncle Brook came to the park to help with all six kids.

6/1/08~ Laying my head on Big D's shoulder while we listened to speakers at church. I didn't have to fight off four kids to sit next to my hubby.

No comments: