Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another Family Reunion

My family is in charge of my Mom's family reunion this year. We are doing something that they've never done before, boating. Usually this family goes to a park and sits around and talks. Which to some is fun and maybe for awhile it can be tolerable, but for the younger generation quite boring.

Our family was having a problem keeping the younger generation coming once they reached the age they could decide for themselves, but they weren't willing to change anything because the older people kept voting to have the reunion at the same place doing the same things. I think that might be the definition of insane right there.

Well now my family is in charge and we are going to the beach and going boating. I think it is going to be a lot of fun, but I love boating. I am a bit nervous how my grandma is going to do in all that heat. We are bringing canopies for shade, water coolers filled with ice water, plus there will be a ton of water to dip into to cool some one off, not that my grandma will get in the water but it's an option.

I doubt we will do this every year. I'm pretty sure whom ever has it next year will probably go back to the park idea which is fine. I just want to show people that there are other options out there and if we want to keep the youth coming back we have to entertain them and nothing entertains them like skiing and tubing. If nothing else I am sure going to have fun.

No comments: