Monday, July 21, 2008

Goblins On The Loose

My kids are the luckiest kids in the world, they have the best Grandma and Papa. My dad and stepmother enjoy taking their grand kids for days at a time. When the grand kids come out to their cattle ranch it's like another world, a magical world that allows their imaginations to go wild.

We listened to "Fablehaven" on our vacation so the kids have been into fairies and goblins a lot lately. In Yellowstone we bought the kids some magical stones that helped them to see fairies and fight off goblins. We also purchased some for their cousins because we knew they'd be spending so much time with them through out the summer.

Beaner and Bug went out to Grandma Ria and Papa Guy's house after we got back from vacation. In other words they've had back to back, nothing but entertainment all summer. They were joined out there by three of their cousins all ranging in age from seven to ten.

Out at Grandma's they are allowed to let their open minds to roam without many boundaries. They hunted goblins and searched for their fairy friends. Bug was bit by a goblin on one of their adventures.

On one of the days when Grandma and Papa had to run some fence, the kids got a little bored. After bombarding their grandparents with whines and requests Grandma had had enough. She barked at the kids and told them that she didn't hear one of them asking what they could do to help so they could get done quicker.

Let me make this very clear, Grandma never barks at the kids. She dotes on them hand and foot. So when she barked it took the kids off guard. A little while later Beaner came up to Grandma and said, "We all went behind a tree and prayed that they goblins would bring back our grandma. We know the goblins took her because our grandma would never talk to us like that." Well, that made Grandma feel horrible.

Needless to say, the goblins returned grandma, however, I think they have taken my daughter, Bug. She came home and now she expects me to entertain her. She informs me that she's bored and there's nothing to do and boo hoo. So I informed her she needed to practice her piano that she's neglected for the past three weeks, and she needed to read for thirty minutes, and she has chores to do. I don't think she realizes there's no time to be bored around this house, because if she's bored I will give her something to do.

Hopefully the goblins return my daughter soon because I think this new Bug is going to go stark raving mad living in my house for too much longer. Who knows maybe this new Bug will be trainable and I can teach it to do tricks, like wash the dishes. I have to confess that being a parent is too much fun sometimes.

No comments: