Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Groomer Gone Crazy



I took Kinnzi to the groomers at a big name store, which will remain anonymous. This groomer costs over$10 more than my usual groomer. The whole reason I took her to this groomer is because of the huge picture window that allows patrons to watch their dog get a hair cut. I wanted to watch and see if I would feel comfortable cutting her hair myself. Keep in mind this was the third time, in a matter of three weeks, I took her into this groomer.

The first time I took her in I couldn't find her vaccine records, so they told me to bring her in and they would call the vet when I got there and get confirmation over the phone. I got there and the vet was closed for the day, so I had to set up another appointment.

The second time I took her in the groomer started laying into me about every thing I was doing wrong with my dog: I need to brush her every day, I need to use this special comb, etc. I through me off, I wasn't expecting a lecture making me feel like I don't deserve to be a dog owner. With the groomer going off on me she failed to hear me when I stated what kind of haircut I wanted for my dog. I showed up and four hours later and she wasn't cut. I paid $36 for a bath and nail clip. I was a bit ticked because they kept her hair long when I told them I needed it short for the summer because she likes to roll around in the grass, sand, poop, and anything else she can roll in. I didn't want to have to maintain long hair wrapped in crap. So she spent four hours brushing all the snarls out of her hair when she should have just cut them all out. Needless to say I had to set up another appointment to get her cut.

The third, and final time, I took her in the groomer started in on me again about how it was my fault for not making my desires known on the type of cut on the last visit. I stepped outside and was watching through the window and she told me I couldn't watch anymore because my dog wouldn't settle down. Then after an hour of walking around the store trying to entertain Bud and Bear, my name gets called over the intercom saying my dog is done, finally. I went into the shop and she looked horrible. She had huge patches of hair that were uncut, half her face was shorter than the other half, she didn't even try to shave up and over her nose. I could not believe what I was seeing. I asked her to please fix her face. No problem she said, but I don't know what she did but she didn't fix it. I was so pissed I took her home and had to try and fix the mess she made.

On top of all that my dog was traumatised and hurt. She limped for the next week. I could not get her to play. Every time the kids tried to give her lovens she would snip at them. I don't know what that chick did but I will never ever take her back there again. I don't know if Kinnzi will ever let me take her to the groomer again. I guess if one good thing came out of this, it would be that I have more incentive to learn to cut Kinnzi's hair myself. I will save me money, not only on the grooming, but also on vet bills.

No comments: