Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Play Group

I have been a mom for almost ten years now and I don't think I've ever done a play group before. Today I went for the first time and I actually enjoyed it. I know it sounds juvenile but I've avoided them because I was nervous I wouldn't have anything to say to the other mothers therefore look like an idiot. Loaded with my recently acquired tips on how to small talk, I thought I'd try them out. I invited my sister-in-law to bring her two boys and join a group of mom's from my ward. I've been wanting to get to know my sister-in-law better but didn't really know what we had in common, besides my brother. We usually try to talk but it's always turned out forced and awkward. Today we talked for about and hour and a half and it was neither forced nor awkward. I had a really good time and I hope she did as well. Hopefully it will just get easier and easier from here on out. I just had to take the first step out of my shell. Yeah for me! I think I can really start to enjoy this play group thing after all.

No comments: