Monday, April 28, 2008

Blogging

I have been reading a lot about blogging lately. I figure I am so new at this I want to learn all I can about how to make mine better. Well, there is such a wealth of information out there, half of it I don't understand. Now I've learned that if I want to I can try to make money off my blog, but you really have to come up with an original idea to blog about. I don't think I am interested in that. It got me thinking about why I blog. Why do I write about my inner chattering thoughts? To tell you the truth, I don't really know. I think I am searching for someone to know that I exist, that I do have a brain, and, although boring, I do have something to contribute.

It is almost like I want a record of my journey to discovering my voice and you are my audience. You get the rare privilege of watching a uneducated writer's dream develop, emerge, and take shape. How unbelievably exciting would it be to have watched someone like Stephen King, Ernest Hemingway, or Tolstoy start out as young uneducated writers with only a dream of someday being published? I guess that is why a lot of people go back and write autobiographies, so many people ask the question of how you get to where you are.

I am not waiting until after I become published to share my experience with everyone. You get to follow me from the beginning and read how my writing gets better as I get an education. Yes, I will admit, there is going to be some boring times and yes it will be a slow process, but what an awesome process to see unfold. Wow aren't you lucky!?!

No comments: