Sunday, April 27, 2008

Awakening

"April Showers bring May Flowers" I have to keep reminding myself that it is not summer yet and there will be some crappy days still. As soon as we had our first beautiful day this season I was ready for it to be that way everyday. I think a lot of us feel this way. I have to reign in my excitement of gardening, long evening walks, and stooping until it gets a bit later in the season.

It is funny that not only do flowers blossom in the Spring, but also ideas and goals blossom. I have so many ideas of what I want to accomplish, outside of course. I want to take walks every night. I want to ride bikes with my kids and explore the inner streets of our beautiful city. I want to teach my children to love all the exquisite master pieces our Father in Heaven has put here for us. Along with the flowers blossoming with all their potential, I also want to blossom with mine. I know I can be a better wife, mother, and friend, and it is a new season to try.

Maybe I am more like a caged animal than a blossoming flower. I have been trapped in this house all winter, not counting all the snowmobiling trips. I feel ravenous to get out, feel the sun on my face, and interact with people. What a great time of year, it is an awakening for everyone and everything; flowers, animals, and all of us.

No comments: