Saturday, April 26, 2008

The End of a Semester

I have turned in my first draft of my last paper. Now I am waiting for my appointed time to meet with my professor to go over it and see where I can improve. What a wonderful feeling to be this close to being done. I know I am still a long way from graduation but I feel like I've take at least a step toward that. After ten years of standing still, it feel great to be on the move again.

I am a little disappointed in how easily I fizzled out here at the end. After Spring Break I really struggled getting my head back into my papers, especially this last one. I hope I do better next semester since I won't have the summer break waiting for me at the other end, just another semester.

I have been impressed with how much easier it is to focus this time around. My sister said it is because I actually want to be in school. I think she's right, not that I didn't want to be there last time, but I didn't have any focus, I didn't know what I wanted to go into. It made it really hard to want to be going to school for no reason. Now that I have a goal I want to achieve it helps me to focus on the big picture. I feel like this is an attainable goal and some day, even if it's another ten years away, I will be a college graduate.

On thing about being back in school is summer breaks mean something again, as does fall. I have been envious, of people going to school, every fall. I wanted to buy pencils, paper, and binders too, but I had no reason to do so. I thought my obsession would be satisfied once my own kids started going to school. Then I had a legitimate reason to be in the school supply section at the store. It was not as gratifying as I would have liked it to be. Deep down inside I still knew it was not me going to school. Now not only do I get to buy pencils; I also get to throw a party at the end of the school year to bring in the summer. YEAH!

No comments: