Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Next Semester

I am a bit worried about how I am going to juggle next semester. I am only going to take one class again, but with my boys both being in school and their schedules crazy and not matching up, I an not going to be able to take a class in my major. I still have some generals I need to get out of the way so I am going to tackle some of them. I am thinking that I will take a math next semester and then tackle statistics the spring semester. I know that doesn't sound like fun, and here is my reasoning. When Bear gets into kindergarten I will be able to take more classes and then a full load when he enters 1st grade. Am I really going to want to wrestle with statistics when I am taking three or four other classes? I think not. I think my only chance of passing this class is not having any other classes to stress about. I know there are going to be other hard classes but for some reason math and me just don't get along. I need to pass this class to graduate. Oh and another perk is Big D is taking a statistics class in Fall so he's going to be all refreshed to help me. One thing that sucks is taking all these math classes is going to strip my motivation to go to school. I will have to keep my eye on the ultimate goal; to graduate in Journalism, and pray I never have to write about math. I can see how statistics are going to be beneficial but still I am not happy about taking the class. Big D said he had to read one book How to Lie with Statistics. I don't think that is a good thing, is it?

No comments: