Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I Got an 'A' on My Paper

Wow I am so elated. I want to tell everyone about how happy I am. I want to sing from the roof tops; I gotta 'A' I gotta 'A' I gotta 'A' Hay Hay Hay Hay.

I tried calling Big D at work so he could share in my elation but he didn't answer, must have been in a meeting. So then I called my sister and she wasn't in that great of a mood; she is struggling in one of her classes, she's in the nursing program. I felt guilty that I was so excited. She was happy for me but it broke my heart that I couldn't help her have a better day. I hope she doesn't feel like I was rubbing my good fortune in her face. Now I wish I didn't say anything.

What is a person to do in that situation? I wish I could go down and help her study but she lives about two hundred miles away.

Both my sisters' are people who would do anything for you. If they know your passion they are the first to encourage it. They will see something in the store and buy it for you just because. They will call up and ask how your pursuits are going. I wish I was more thoughtful like they are. I can learn a lot from them and I am the older one.

We have a sibling weekend planned for the first of May. My mom, my brother's, and their wives, no kids, are heading down to stay at my sisters' house and enjoy ourselves. I wonder if I can get something together for them to show them how much I appreciate them. Maybe a care package with some brain food so the next time we talk about our latest grades we can all be elated about an 'A'.

No comments: