Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Spilt Personality

When I was at my sisters' house I decided to take a leisurely shower one day after everyone else had their turn. I thought I'd waited long enough to let the water heater fill back up but apparently I was wrong.

In the shower I decided to shave my legs. I think I only do it three times a year so you can imagine how hairy I was.

I got in the middle of shaving my first leg when the water started going cold. If I was smart I would've finished washing my hair and body before attempting to shave my legs. I didn't realize their house only had a ten gallon water heater.

I finished shaving the one leg then hurried to finish washing the more important parts. I barely made it out of the shower before I turned into a Popsicle.

After that experience, I totally forgot about my unshaven leg, until...

I wore shorts to the gym today.

I was on a squat/press machine, I don't know the technical term for it. It's the machine where I am sitting at a 45 degree angle and my legs are pushing a weight bar up at 45 degrees. I looked bent in half almost.

Any who, my legs were right at eye level with an instant reminder that I forgot to shave one leg. I looked like I was half amazon woman and the other half civilized, at least a little more civilized than amazon. I was a bit mortified, but I finished my workout.

And yes, I did shave my other leg as soon as I got home.

One of these days they are going to ask me to quit coming to the gym. Between my amazon legs, not being able to stand the smell of my self let alone having them smell me as I leave the gym, and me not knowing what in the world I am doing in there, it is only a matter of time.