Monday, February 9, 2009

Brook Jr.'s Baptism



I am so proud of Brook! He has worked so hard to get to this point in his life. He has given up so many bad habits: smoking, chewing, green tea, his wife, drinking, just to name a few. And all this was just in this past year. He is truly amazing to me!



I am also proud of Brook Jr., he has been so patient with his dad. He waited an extra year just so his dad could be the one to baptise him. The missionaries came over and gave them both mini discussions to get them both ready for this big day. Brook Jr. was so excited when he could answer all the questions the missionaries asked him. He said he'd passed the test.



This is all of us:boys left to right = Lowell, Brook, Itchy. Girls left to right = me, Grandma Lovely, Marie, and Ann.

I think we all knew this day would come, Brook coming back to the church and bringing his beautiful kids with him. It would've been nice if his ex-wife would've wanted to be apart of this, but she made her choices. Now Brook has found someone else to make the journey with him and we could never be happier for him.

Brook kept saying that the best looking one gets to stand in the middle. It was funny because we rearranged people four times before we finally took the picture and Brook still ended up in the middle. He didn't let us forget that one.



I got a four generation picture with Brook, Brook Jr., Grandma Lovely, and Great Grandma Chris. I wanted to get one with my dad and his dad, but my Grandpa Leonard just had knee replacement surgery and couldn't come. I will have to get one of those four generational pictures later.

In all the pictures you will notice that Brook isn't much of a smiler, one of these days we will get him to smile good for a picture. Who knows, maybe he'll smile in a wedding photo!?!

What a beautiful legacy!

No comments: