Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My First Day At The Gym

I have never liked gyms. I never know what I'm doing and I always feel so self conscious that I never go back.

So I was a little nervous about how I would react last night. I was going all by myself, with no buddy. I walked in like I owned the place. I had to keep telling myself that I am already beautiful, that helped.

I worked out for an hour and a half and I still didn't want to leave. It was eight o'clock, I had to get home and put the kids to bed. Plus, I felt a little guilty that I left Big D home with nine hungry kids.

Maybe that's why I had such a good time at the gym and didn't want to leave.

It's been fun, Big D and I are getting in to the competition part of the wager. That really helps because I am so competitive but I never feel like I can let that side of me out - it's not pretty.

Today I made a huge banner that said, "I am going to Disneyland" and put it right where Big D can see it when he comes home. He's going to get a good laugh out of that one.

Big D was telling me yesterday that he started his diet off with a fast to get the Lord on his side. He said he had a hard time all day at work yesterday but then he'd look up some snow machines on the internet and feel so much better.

I told him that was cheating getting the Lord on his side, so today I'm fasting to even things up again. Ha Ha!

Man am I hungry!

1 comment:

Camie Marie said...

Don't go work-out while fasting! Sheesh. You two are going to kill eachother. And snow machines don't drive themselves and the only place you'd have fun at Disneyland is in the Haunted Mansion. :p