Monday, January 19, 2009

My Birthday

I was sick as a dog on my birthday. I was sore from an extreme workout the day before and I had a nasty cold. We had invited some friends to go snowmobiling with us to celebrate both me and Bug's birthdays. I thought I wouldn't be able to go all the way up until the last minute. I drugged up with some Echinacea and Sudifed and got dressed to go.

I wasn't able to play much, I just didn't have the energy. I didn't want to over do it and make myself more sick so I stood on the mountain and took pictures of everyone having fun.



Big D did a great job getting the kids back up the hill. I think every time he came up he had more kids than before. I was shocked the rope didn't snap.



Look at all those smiles, too bad they didn't last all day.



I know you can't see very good because I was on the next mountain over, but Susan, Hailey, and Beaner hit a jump and flew fifteen feet before flipping and crashing. Too bad I didn't get the size of the jump in the picture, darn it.



Needless to say they weren't too happy. I could hear them screaming they wanted to go home all the way over to where I was on the next mountain.



Beaner got a little bit of a fat lip, that was gone before we got home.



Hailey got a few scratches. The funny thing is Hailey didn't start crying until Beaner started. Susan did a good job shielding them from too much damage.



While we were checking on the girls the boys decided they needed a little snack.



It's a good thing they are such good sharers.

I love to see people smile and laugh. I guess that's why after we were done on the mountain I took my mom up on her offer to watch my kids while Big D and I went out. Surprise to Big D I invited my brothers to come to dinner with us. I love being with my family I laugh so hard when we are together. I figured it was my birthday any way I should be with the people who make me happy.

I felt bad for dragging Lowell and Rae out. They'd already eaten so I said they could come have dessert with us. I was so happy to see them. If I could have all my family live with in a mile radius of my house it would be my Utopia. I guess that is a bit selfish of me. I just love them all!

1 comment:

Camie Marie said...

Hey, that's my Utopia too!! I'm sorry you were sick, but I'm soo glad you went and did something fun!!