Monday, January 26, 2009

Goal #1 Run 1 Mile Nonstop

I didn't think I could do it this soon. I've been working out at the gym for three weeks and today I thought I'd try running a quarter mile and see if I could do it.

After I was done with the quarter I still felt pretty good so I thought I'd keep going and see if I could make a half mile. Before I knew it I'd done three quarters of a mile and I was on the last leg of the mile. I was getting a little tired but I kept telling myself that if I quit now I'd have to start all over.

Once I hit that mile mark I felt so good for pushing myself.

My best friend, C, asked me if I wanted to run a 5k with her in May. I told her that unless 5k means 1m I don't know if I can do it. Who knows, it's still a ways off. It would give me something to work toward, even if I didn't end up running with her.