Saturday, January 10, 2009

I Got Released

I received a new calling this morning, I am going to be Primary Secretary. I am excited! I had a feeling they were going to put me in Primary, the current presidency has been in for about six years. I was a little nervous where they'd put me because I didn't want to be the teacher over Bear's class.

It is funny that they put me in Nursery as soon as Bear was old enough to go and now they put me in Primary the very first Sunday Bear is going in there. I think they are trying to tell me something, maybe they're scared of Bear.

I could understand that if Sweeton was still alive. Having two identical boys with that much energy, that would be a challenge. But with Bear by himself he isn't too bad. He does take a lot of attention though.

I'm glad I will be in there to help if needed but Bear isn't going to be able to rely on my for every thing. I think this will be good for the both of us.

I've been trying to prepare him for a couple weeks now that he wasn't going to be going to class with me any more. He will be going in with the big kids, not mommy. Mommy has her own class. He wasn't too happy about that until I told him he'd be in there with Bug, Bud, and Beaner. I think he was getting used to the idea. Now, I guess we won't have to worry about that anymore.

It will be nice to be able to watch all my little ones that just left Nursery and see how they do in Primary. I like watching. I've always been comfortable being a wall flower.

Being in the presidency will also allow me to be creative again: planning activities and opening exercises. I do well in the planning but not necessarily in the teaching. I hope I have fun.

I am excited with who the president is. She is a very high energy woman, but she can also be a bit erratic. I am a very organized person who likes things in order. Some might call me uptight even. She is a little flippant in her thinking. Who knows, maybe she will help me dislodge this stick I've been carrying around my whole life.

1 comment:

Camie Marie said...

You are so funny. You? Uptight? :p Congratulations!! You'll do awesome!!!