Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hazardous Snowmobiling

Yesterday the weather was over cast but warm. We all spent hours on the snow machines, even the tiny tots. Today, not so much.

I woke up to a beautiful crisp blue sky. I was so excited because I tried taking some pictures yesterday and they were all blah. So when I saw that bright sun reflecting off the snow like tiny diamonds, I got a little giddy.

We decided to take the kids over to a hill we saw the day before perfect for sledding. We pulled the kids to the hill, about a mile or two, with the cruel air biting any exposed skin it could reach.

We got to the hill where Bug went first and hit a huge jump and biffed it, I was so happy I didn't go down with her I was about to jump in with her. Surprisingly, Bud decided he wanted to go down next. Grandma Ellen was helping Bud get all ready to go down and I asked her if she was going with him.

Mind you, we just got done having a conversation with how conservative she is. She never takes risks, and yes she saw Bug just biff it on this same hill.

She climbed on the back of Bud and away they went. Thank goodness she missed the big jump, however, she did hit the little one. She landed right on her back and didn't move. I felt so bad for not talking her out of it, maybe even pressuring her into it with my little, "Oh are you going with Bud?" comment.



She didn't get up too quickly and not at all until she had help. She sat on the machine the rest of our adventure watching and trying to enjoy herself. Let's face it when you've broken your coxsis, like your butt, you really can't enjoy anything else.

It's a good thing my sister-in-law just had surgery on her shoulder, she gave her mother some of her heavy duty pain killers.

I told Grandma Ellen that I hoped she didn't decide to cancel our annual snowmobile trip just because we abused her once. That got a laugh but let's face it when your bum is broken the very last thing you want to do is laugh.



Big D and the boys pretending like they are at Disneyland.



Papa Ray did a great job at taking the kids back up the hill. In my day we had to walk up hill both ways to get to sled down again. Spoiled little tikes.



Bud on his last run down the hill. He barely made it into the sled before it took off down hill.



Big D is apoligizing to Beaner for throwing her off the sled when Papa was pulling them up the hill. She didn't get hurt she was just really pissed.



Papa called last run of the day and Bug ended up losing her sled and having to acturally run down the hill. I laughed and told her that Papa wasn't being literal.

1 comment:

Camie Marie said...

That pic. of your father-in-law is fantastic! Did you know my parents are now in their ward (though their in a student ward right now). Just thought I'd share