Thursday, June 19, 2008

So Much For Lazy Days of Summer

I kept thinking that as soon as the kids got out of school things would slow down. I think all they did was speed up. What's up with that? Now we do picnics every day at the park, have play dates with friends and cousins, afternoon movies, trips to the beach, and on and on and on.

I think it's a good diet plan for me though, I might get a breakfast, never a lunch, and barely a dinner. I will be nice and slim right in time to bundle up for snowmobile season.

We had a few, like one, weekend in June that was free, but now there are no free weekends on the calendar until maybe the end of August. Right in time to get ready for school, hopefully it only takes one weekend to get six people ready for school.



We went back out to the beach today. I don't think Kinnzi is getting any warmer to the idea of swimming. You would think as many times as she's been swimming in her short life she'd be used to it by now.



Just look at that resistance, she really does not want to go for a swim.



Once she was in the water I bet she was saying to herself, "I am so happy they forced me to do this, the first initial plunge is aways the hardest, but this water is fabulous."

Even though the phrase "The Lazy Days of Summer" is an urban myth, I still wouldn't trade my summers with anyone else. We might not have the money for big vacation around the world but there is nothing better than spending time with family and it doesn't matter where. Just watching how fast my kids are growing up, I would want to waist one minute of the time we have together. I pray our kids grow up and can say they had an awesome childhood and that's why they are awesome adults and they owe it all to their awesome parents. He He He ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your dog looks like she had so much fun!! We need to get together for sure this summer!! I will be calling you!