Monday, June 2, 2008

The Best Weekend of the Summer, So Far


The kids went out to Grandma Ria and Papa Guy's ranch. It was actually how I finally got Bear potty trained. I told him he couldn't go if he didn't learn to use the toilet. He quit fighting me every time I mentioned the word 'potty' or 'toilet, and he started coming to me telling me he needed to go potty. Hallelujah!

Big D and I had a great weekend together. We got so much done, it's amazing how fast you can do stuff with out four kids in tow.

Big D decided he wanted to try his hand at selling the rest of our yard sale stuff left over from two weeks ago. After three hours and $1.10 he decided to pack it in. Thank Heavens! I am so done doing yard sale crap. I told him if we never did another I would be fine.

The funny thing is we really didn't do anything extraordinary that was so great. We got to spend the hole weekend just he and I. We took a walk to the top of Red Hill, not that we can't do that with the kids home. We stayed outside until midnight laying under the stars, in the neighbors backyard (We were being sneaky).

We went to the expensive movie theater and watched the new Indiana Jones movie. Big D loved it, I thought it was OK. The best part was when he was sinking in the sand trap and his son through him the snake to grab on too. I laughed so hard, I'm glad they put a snake scene in there.

We made it to church on time. I didn't have to fight four kids for the seat right next to daddy. We got to listen to the speakers instead of taking children out because they're being too loud.

Life was just so good I didn't want it too end. Then the boys came home, I didn't realize how much I missed them until they gave me big hugs and kisses. From then on I was on cloud nine having them back. Every time one of them would even walk close to me I'd reach out and grab them into a bear hug and kiss them all over. I would sing a little song in their ear as I'd tickle them, "I missed you, did you miss me did you miss me did you miss me?" They would squirm and squeal, "Yes, yes, yes."

How great are grandparents? I think they are pretty fabulous. It's is so nice to have a break as a parent, it makes me a better one.

1 comment:

Camie Marie said...

Tiff, that is the best picture I have ever seen of the pillars. You should send it to someone that does Pocatello tourist brochures or something. Really, it's beautiful!